Raspberry Cream Puff

Seems cream puffs are all the rage these days. At least among the chefs I admire.

I remembered something from my days back at Trump when my pastry chef Hichem was working on  pate a choux with a "streusel" top. He had conversations with a French chef, and experimented at work. I'm not sure if he was testing the other chef's recipes, or if they were sharing ideas and working on a technique. But in any event, I used this technique for my Raspberry Cream Puff, one of the new desserts at AIC. I got the recipe, which I call cassonade dough, from a French recipe.

I rather like these, though they're becoming more commonplace at many bakeries and restaurants across the US. But at least I can say that I was a witness during the development stage!


Raspberry Cream Puff
Raspberry Cream, Lemon Curd, St Germain Chia Seeds, 
Micro Lemon Balm, Freeze-Dried Raspberries

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Key Lime Pie

L2O Pain au Lait Rolls

You Bake Cakes All Day?