Long Time, No See

I realize that I haven't posted anything in a long time. It's been difficult because of work, and I haven't been inspired to do anything. And if one waits for inspiration, well, one waits for a while.

I am participating in a cookie swap! Yes, me! And I shopped, prepped, made, baked, cooled, assembled, drizzled, and shot some hasty flash-lit (horrendous I know, but it is night, and we've had cloudy days for more than a week!) shots in one day! This week my off days are split, and they have to be shipped tomorrow. So, after work, I'll rush back home to pack and ship.

I can't say much more about the cookies, but until I can post about them, here are a few shots from work and other items.

Desserts from the Twelve Plates of Christmas at the Art Institute of Chicago's Small Plates in McKinlock Court.  There are four savory courses, drinks, and a surprise at the end!

 Cranberry mousse, pistachio dacquoise, cranberry gastrique
(I plan to add a layer of cranberry gelee for color and to boost the cranberry flavor)

 French Macaron Ornament-Cherry chocolate ganache, or pistachio (green shell)

 Pumpkin cremeux, spiced streusel, chantilly


 Santa's Cookie Plate

Gingerbread house on display in the Garden Cafe:

 Gingerbread House


And some macaron shells I'm proud of!


Green macaron shells for this Thursday!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

L2O Pain au Lait Rolls

Key Lime Pie

Taste of Chicago