Fruit Tarts and Summer

It's summer.  I've had a birthday.  I've changed shifts at work.  I'm getting used to nights.  I'm visiting the farmers markets.  I'm trying to start a new venture.  I'm baking cupcakes for C.'s parties.  I'm surviving.  I'm missing the summer.  I bought myself a great birthday present.  I'm learning how to shoot with my new Nikon D5000.  I'm learning to see things in a different way.

I'm torn.  I'm excited to cook with the beautiful produce available to me at this time of year, and yet I want to spend as much time outside as possible.  I managed to bake myself a birthday cake, and make some fresh fruit tarts.

Projects abound: two weddings, a birthday.  Cakes to make and decorate, candies to package as favors.  Ideas to sketch and execute, details to go over.  S'mores cupcakes to make for a Fourth of July party this Sunday.  Up early Saturday to shoot the market.  Friday before work, it's the Taste (again).  There's a new bakery to discover, Floriole.

I hope you'll be patient with me and my blog.  I hope you'll enjoy learning about light and styling, and photo editing with me.  I'm excited.  I hope you'll get out and enjoy some of the sunshine and breeze, festivals, and concerts.  Cross your fingers and say a few good words for me.  Wish me luck, and maybe you'll be able to buy some of my treats in the (near) future!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

L2O Pain au Lait Rolls

Key Lime Pie

Taste of Chicago