Wishes


I got home from work to find this photo from my mom in my email. It really made me laugh as remembered our Thanksgiving. See, S. and I went to Texas where he met my family-with the exception of my dad-for the first time. Well, my parents and I are Pescetarians, but we had other family, who, along with S. eat meat, so we decided to roast a hen for them, salmon for us. At some point, I asked S. where the wishbone was on the carcass and he helped me find it. I cleaned it up and took it to my mom. See, when I was growing up, that was my favorite piece of chicken. After dinner, my mom and I would make a wish and break it. Another childhood memory is the experiment where we put a wishbone into a jar with vinegar. After a few days, the bone turned to "rubber." It was nice laughing and sharing memories with my mom.

Comments

Anonymous said…
A great trip down memory lane. Bet the poor chicken "wished" it had never gotten caught. Hehehe.

Popular posts from this blog

L2O Pain au Lait Rolls

Key Lime Pie

Taste of Chicago