End of Year Crash

Thanksgiving came slowly, but it went away uneventful. Next thing I knew, Christmas was here. I spent it at home in Texas with family, quite happy I was able to go home. Last year I had to work, and I really missed my parents because we always spent Christmas together. Just before leaving, I was on a mad dash around the city delivering Christmas candies (I only made three successful candies this year-nougat, Jasmine tea caramels, and Thai chili truffles) to friends. Then NYE was upon us. I had such high hopes for this year. I won't go into detail, but I will say that this time around, only two of us on Team Pastry toasted with champagne, while everyone else cleared out quite early.

And now I sit here the first day of the new year with two fingers washed with hydrogen peroxide, swabbed with anti-bacterial ointment and bandaged. Dry torn, often bleeding cuticles are a hazard of the job.

Now that the busy holiday season is over, I can spend more time in the kitchen (at home), baking and finalizing some ideas I've had running through my head for a while. And I can spend time planning my vacation. A trip to Paris in February. I'm quite excited, but I've been too tired to show it. I've loads to do, I'm even planning a dinner out with friends (girls' night!) who have traveled to Paris in the past year to give me ideas about where to go and what to do.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

L2O Pain au Lait Rolls

Key Lime Pie

Taste of Chicago