Raising Money for a Cause


I used to volunteer at the Tree House Animal Shelter a couple of days a week before my allergies got the best of me. It is a no cage, no kill cat shelter with a special room for cats with FIV and a special program to socialize animals that have previously been abused so that they can learn to trust people again. So many cats in one place had me sneezing, but I made many new friends. It was difficult seeing the little kittens, but they were adopted faster than the older cats. Unfortunately, I had to give that up, but now they are raising money and I am able to use my talents to help a good cause.

On December 14, from 6 to 9 p.m. the Tree House Animal Foundation will celebrate Lights of Love by remembering people and pets that have passed away. They will have shelter tours, gift raffles, a bake sale, and many other activities. Check out their website and stop by on Thursday if you can. If you can't make it, you can still send donations. For $10 they will illuminate a white light to remember someone (or animal) that you have lost, or a colored light for those who are living.

Well, I'd better get back into the kitchen. My brownies are all wrapped up, but I'd better start baking the cookies!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

L2O Pain au Lait Rolls

Key Lime Pie

Taste of Chicago