Thanksgiving Practice

I'm stuffed. I mean, to the point where smelling foods while walking by a restaurant makes me sick. I ate at Bijan's after taking a couple of hours trying to decide what I wanted to eat. I'd had dinner there more than a year ago and remember their barbequed norwegian salmon on top of mashed potatoes with sauteed spinach and fried onions. Luckily they still had it on their menu. For my appetizer, I had the spinach and artichoke dip, which I had been craving for a few days. Other than the nice crackers that looked house made, it really wasn't remarkable. I should have stopped there, or even stopped at half of my entree, but no, I had to include dessert. Not only should I have stopped because I was filling up quickly, but because it really wasn't "worth the wait" as the server stated. Now, I am the first person to say that I don't like sugary sweets, but this melting chocolate cake with cocoa whipped cream and chocolate sauce was not sweet in the least. It was almost like a sugar-free dessert. Not very impressed, I carried my bags (I'd gone to Target to stock up on a few things and Bed Bath & Beyond for ramekins), and my leftover appetizer home (I couldn't let it go to waste), only to waddle to the computer and pat my tummy. I haven't eaten like that in a while, nor do I wish to in the near future either.

Now I'm too full, at the moment, to try out a new recipe I've been thinking over for a while now. It seems that I'm not the only one with souffles on the brain lately. If you check out Michelle's blog posting for November 3, she's been thinking of them as well. I normally I'm not one to really want a souffle, but for some reason I've got an idea in my head and I just have to go with it. That and Chef at work has asked us to taste two souffles. It's good that she asks our opinion (and flattering as I am the newest member of the team) but it also helps me to develop my palate. Which is another reason I've been dining out more often and eating dessert besides.

So, maybe a little tummy massage is in order to help ease some of the discomfort. Maybe I will be able to experiment tonight and report on my findings tomorrow.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

L2O Pain au Lait Rolls

Key Lime Pie

Taste of Chicago