Cupcakes


Ok, so I did say it was too hot to cook, but I ended up baking last night, after the sun went down. I made chocolate cupcakes and experimented with frosting. My goal was to come up with a good chocolate coconut buttercream, but while the frosting I ended up with was edible, it didn't possess that wow effect I was looking for. Sprinkling some coconut on top did help with the coconut flavor, but I really wanted a stand alone buttercream.

And yes, the photo isn't great, but I wasn't very inspired to take a great pic this time around. Perhaps when I try this experiment again?

Please, dear readers, forgive my half-assed attempts to bake, photo and post. Next time, I promise, to do better.

Now, I must go to the store to get some pineapple juice. I'm making pina coladas with the leftover cream of coconut.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

L2O Pain au Lait Rolls

Key Lime Pie

Taste of Chicago