My Mitsuwa is Not Your Mitsuwa

If you don't believe you deserve better, then you won't get better.

I took a chance and went on an adventure today. I went all the way out to Arlington Heights to Mitsuwa, the Japanese marketplace. My excitement and tension mounted during the train and bus ride (a poor elderly woman passed out at the bus depot, but I'm sure it wasn't because she shared my excitement), but when I got there, it wasn't what I expected. It's a large space, but I was expecting something . . . erm, well, bigger. More spectacular, more like the Mitsuwa in New Jersey. What gave me that idea? I dunno, maybe their website, maybe the photos from a fellow food blogger's blog, maybe it was my own imagination. Who knows? But it wasn't the spectacular extravaganza I was expecting. The aisles were small, the sections were small, the most interesting thing was a rice cooker that cost around $200! But, I would go again. Why, do you ask? Because it was an adventure and maybe next time I'll find something else that I missed on my first trip. I didn't take any photos of the inside because I really didn't find anything worth photographing. But I did find some beautiful Bok Choy and some cool snacks. They have a pretty nice bakery, the Pastry House Hippo, but the food court wasn't that great; there was also construction, so that means that something new is coming! I only took a picture of the exterior of the building; maybe next time I'll take a photo of the inside. If for nothing else, I want to eat at a couple of the restaurants in the food court. I wanted to make sure I got the bus back and I had to meet my friend, so I had to leave before eating.

And now I'm home, relaxing, realizing that I lost a lot of stuff when I changed my template, so I have a lot of work to do. I still have to download and then upload photos from the last couple of days, but all of that can wait until tomorrow or later.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

L2O Pain au Lait Rolls

Key Lime Pie

Taste of Chicago