February Tea Time!

After a thorough house-cleaning and a trip to two stores, I made the most delicious vegetable soup. I've been lazy, but I'm hoping to get back in stride again. Anyway, I was craving something comforting and tomato based, so I made vegetable soup. And I was in perfect cooking zen-not a vegetable was over- or undercooked. Potatoes were even tooth tender, sweet carrots were al-dente. I was so amazed and my cravings were being sated so perfectly that I had a second bowl, and that was my downfall. Why no photo, you ask. Well, let me say that after ladling the perfect bowl of soup, I got out my camera to capture the moment. I was concentrating on getting the perfect shot, had it, then my camera alerts me that the batteries are dying. Well, I figure I could turn it on again and maybe be quick enough to snap a shot, but, alas, it could not be. I looked at the steaming bowl of soup, at the camera, and back at the soup. I couldn't wait for the batteries to charge (they're charged now), nor could I be bothered to go buy another set. You know, a perfect bowl of soup waits for no one. Maybe I'll take a picture tomorrow.

So, after drinking a cup of Rishi Green Tea Mint to soothe an achy tummy, and hours of digesting, I went downstairs to check my mail, not expecting anything more exciting than my next movie from Netflix. Boy was I surprised to receive the February tea sample from TeaChef! After making the chocolate cupcakes and sharing them with coworkers, I figured I would take a break from baking, but I've been itching to try new recipes and maybe even bake some brownies (to share, of course). Now that I have this Green Pekoe, I have no excuse to sit on my bottom and do nothing. I have yet to turn my culinary imagination to this tea, but something's starting to brew!

Green Pekoe, according to TeaChef, is "Green tea from the Fujian province of China. Green Pekoe (sometimes referred to as Orange Pekoe) is famed as an everyday tea, and is among the most popular teas consumed in China. Its thin, wavy leaves appear almost black when dry. Once infused, however, our "Green Pekoe Blues" reveals its true color. And produces a light cup with a smooth, mellow taste and a gentle, soothing aroma." I'm excited to brew up a cup. The scent is not as strong as the Lapsang Souchong. I'll take some pictures of the tea, as well as the soup (I'm sure I'll have a nice bowl for lunch) and post them tomorrow.

It's late, and I know my mother will find many grammatical errors, but I'll have to correct them tomorrow when I post my photos!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

L2O Pain au Lait Rolls

Key Lime Pie

Taste of Chicago