Tea Time!


I did a little shopping today. For culinary purposes, I purchased a small leather bound notebook to carry with me to work to store any recipes and creative ideas I have. My mother gave me a beautiful red leather bound notebook for my birthday, but that's for me to use at home. This one is small enough for me to slip into my bag and go. I also bought a cookbook book weight to keep my books open. Barnes & Noble was having a sale, and I got it for $5.99 plus my 10% off! What a bargain. When I got home with my purchases, to my surprise, I'd received my sample tea from Adagio Teas in today's mail. I'd signed up for their TeaChef program, where they will send you a sample of their tea of the month for you to experiment with and submit your recipes. This month's tea is Lapsang Souchong. I've never used this tea before or even heard of it. But their description is: Black tea from the Fujian province of China. Lapsang Souchong tea (also called Russian Caravan tea) has a famously smoky aroma and flavor. This tea typically draws strong reactions: you'll either love it or hate it. Apparently the tea leaves get their smoky flavor from being dried in bamboo baskets. It is indeed smoky; it's almost overpoweringly so. This definitely will be a savory recipe. I can't wait to brew some to taste. I'm thinking seafood, but that's all I'm saying at this point.

Had dinner out with my friend M and her daughter. We went to Big Bowl. I had vegetable dumplings and stir-fry. Of course, I brought food home with me, so you know what that means. Leftovers: 2 Groceries: 0. One of these days, I'll have to break down and do some grocery shopping. Oh well. At least I won't starve!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

L2O Pain au Lait Rolls

Key Lime Pie

Taste of Chicago