Food Miracle

I finally, finally came out of my culinary coma. I went grocery shopping today and spent over $40 on Lord knows what. I'm baking a quiche now and have stuff for a Caesar salad. I also bought dried pineapple. I feel like I'm trying to stir the appetite of a picky toddler.

I've been scatterbrained at work and at home. It's all a bit hazy here and there. I'll forget stuff and won't remember that I've forgotten it until much later. Sometimes I wake up remembering things. Sucks. But at least I didn't break two toes. Yeah, one of the hostesses broke two toes at work. Apparently she collided with one of the cooks and took a fall. I saw her fall, but I didn't see what caused it. Her foot came out of her shoe and she landed hard. It's terrible. She's such a nice person.

Chef asked me if I wanted to come in early tomorrow instead of close. I'll be in at 11:00 and out early enough to go ice skating. I'm off Monday and Tuesday, so that's good as well. Early start on my weekend. After next week though, they want me to work nights, so I'm changing to working Mondays and Tuesdays and off Wednesdays and Thursdays. I won't have to close, which is nice as well.

Well, I guess I'll start my movie while dinner's cooking. I also need to find another ice cream and sorbet flavor for tomorrow. I'll let you know if I come up with something exciting.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

L2O Pain au Lait Rolls

Key Lime Pie

Taste of Chicago