Fait Accompli!



I have been having trouble with my appetite lately, so when I thought about what I wanted to eat, I got a craving for Potato & Leek Soup, so I made a big pot of it to last me a couple of days. It's one of my favorite comfort soups and I really needed some comfort.



My
  • Smoky Mushroom Ravioli with Caramelized Onion & Goat Cheese Sauce
  • recipe has been submitted to TeaChef and I am proud of it. January's tea was Lapsang Souchong. In my previous blog, I commented on how smoky it smelled. I almost didn't like it, but when I brewed it, I got a nice surprise. The tea wasn't as smoky and the flavor is something I can't quite describe. I am glad that I have enough tea to enjoy many more cups and try other new recipes. I can hardly wait to get the next tea. The photos, which I took with the new camera, turned out rather nicely as well. I still have to get used to using the different settings, but with all new relationships, there's a "getting to know you" period. I've uploaded and organized the pics. The past few days have been quite busy, but at least I'm staying out of trouble!



    I made a couple of cookie doughs while I was "in the mood" the other day. I shaped them into logs, cut them into sections and froze them for future baking. So when I have a craving, I just have to cut off a few slices, pop them in the oven, et voila, freshly baked cookies! I made chocolate chip, which is always nice to have, and the second was an experiment. I found some hazelnuts in the freezer, made hazelnut butter and made cookies from that. I have to bake some more and share them so that I can get more opinions. I think they're perfect, myself. They're so rich, I have to make them small. But that didn't keep me from eating the first four I baked! I was so excited about the cookies, that I rushed to bake the second batch and I flattened the dough balls right from the fridge, so they cracked, which I don't like.

    I still have ravioli filling and am going to finish making the little dough pockets and freeze them for another time. My freezer is so packed, it's crazy! Never again can I say that I've nothing to eat. Most of what's in there isn't edible, it's henna, and then there's all the butter I bought on sale-good thing too, it's now $5.50 a pound! The rest: flours, walnuts, some veggies, stuff like that.

    Well, I'd better finish my ravioli and get ready for bed. Three more days of work ahead!

    Comments

    Popular posts from this blog

    L2O Pain au Lait Rolls

    Key Lime Pie

    Taste of Chicago