It Began With Nachos


I was sitting at the airport contemplating taking a picture of my nachos and thought, why not? I'd wanted this adventure to be about food as much as it was about me revisiting my childhood, but food took a back seat this time.

I needed to go back to Colorado and since my dad was living there temporarily, now was the best time. I'm amazed that we were able to pack so much into a couple of days without feeling exhausted or frustrated about making it to see everything. It was good for my camera (I was amazed at the photos I got) and for my soul.

My dad was the best at getting me around to every place I wanted to go (we only missed a couple of places, due tot time constraints). He's a whiz with maps, and all I had to do was sit back and be the shutter bug I was. We visited my old neighborhoods, schools I went to, Red Rocks, Black Hawk for some gambling, and a few other highlights from my adolescence. Too bad some things are no longer there.

I think the trip into the mountains, especially to Black Hawk took the longest, because we kept pulling over so that I could snap mountains, rocks, water, and sky. My dad was patient, but towards the end he threatened to take away my camera! I took many pics at using different settings because I didn't want to take just one or two, only to find out back at home, miles away, blurry photos shot in poor light. Needless to say, I got several great shots of the same subjects!

The photos are on Flickr and as I edit more of the pics, I'll upload them. I took more than 300 pics! Anyway I hope you enjoy looking at these as much as I enjoyed taking them.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Key Lime Pie

L2O Pain au Lait Rolls

Taste of Chicago